• My Candidacy Application Essay
  • Brett's Discernment

    For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart, I will let you find me, says the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and . . . and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.


    God or the Boy?

    One thing I am definitely NOT called to is life without a husband. Maybe it's just the recent events speaking, but I don't think so.

    Missing having close male friends. Missing having a non platonic male friend as well. But the question is, at my age, 22, and as someone who is in discernment and trying to move toward seminary, how do frivolous (dating/physical) relationships fit in? I feel like everyone thinks "at (my) age" I can still be looking and not feel like I have to look for a husband. But is there a point to dating people you know you don't want anything serious with it? Is it just wasting time? Or is it giving into a kind of gratification for attention, dependency, etc? Why can't I fill in that curiosity for something so distracting with my relationship with my Lord? It's hard, I guess. And I think that just by thinking these thoughts I have to give myself a pat on the back.

    I have made some mistakes in this department, which have been life altering and shaking. But now that I am past that, should I dabble in frivolity? Or deny myself in hope of finding Christ more clearly without these distractions?

    I wish God would comment back on my blog.

    0 Responses to “God or the Boy?”

    Post a Comment



    © 2006 Brett's Discernment | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
    Learn how to make money online.