• My Candidacy Application Essay
  • Brett's Discernment

    For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart, I will let you find me, says the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and . . . and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.


    Laziness


    I know I have a lot to do, but taking today to just indulge myself, and like the Kairos theme, take time to "breathe," was really nice. I am excited about bible study on Wed. and getting started working on VBS stuff . . . I just haven't yet. Done a little reading, etc. Just happy in general, felt like I've taken another step in lots of ways.

    My conversation with Chip, the asst. to the bish who is in charge of candidacy stuff was really short at Kairos, but I keep reflecting on it - I was really honest with him and I am really excited about the future.

    In addition, I really appreciate my time being able to catch up with Kate P. and have a friend to also be very honest with, especially since she and I have so much in common. I'm really glad we roomed together, even though it really impacted our lack of sleep!

    It's weird to me that I'm going back to teaching in the fall - I'm neither excited nor dreading it - just looking forward to the positive parts but mostly that with one more year of teaching I'll be also getting through the beginning candidacy and toward seminary!!! yay!!

    . . . off topic . . . trying to undertake some more major cooking projects in my time off - but the thing is - I only really want like PBJ & stuff for dinner!

    0 Responses to “Laziness”

    Post a Comment



    © 2006 Brett's Discernment | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
    Learn how to make money online.