• My Candidacy Application Essay
  • Brett's Discernment

    For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart, I will let you find me, says the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and . . . and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.


    There are not words to describe. . .

    A M A Z I N G how God can work through our lives. . .

    I cannot get over the amazing work that the Holy Spirit did through my small group, #13, at Kairos this past week. I love these nine young people so much, and I really want to know how they do in the next year and in the future.

    I didn't realize how much of a cynic I was, or rather, how I had become hard from being caught up in the everyday routine - forgetting "how to breathe" - and how much the faith of these nine young people can change mine - forever. By both the strenth of some of their faith and also the questions and their stuggle in their faith walk - amazing. I will never forget each of them - and what they shared. I gave them all verses personalized to their stories - inspired by the Spirit, truly - and I will never forget them when I look at these verses. There are not words.

    I needed an experience like this - something to take me away from myself and my silly cares, wake me back up to the service and love in community that God has for me.


    Gosh . . .

    I pray that they not forget the closeness they had and the love that we all held for each other. For many of them, these experiences, though maybe not of the same depth, are normal, but for a couple these were mountaintop experiences which will never be forgotten.

    And I will never forget - I hope - how I got this kick in the butt from God this past week - like remember how little you can do without me? How before every small group I was a little anxious - should I plan more?? what could happen? how can I improve our group dynamic? But yet again, and this time in a more positive way, God reminds me that like John 15:5 (Taylor's verse :) ) without him I can do nothing. I just let go and watched it happen - amazing things.

    Even if I am caught up in the love of it all and we don't keep in touch or the memory and drama of it all fades, why not cling to these things, be truly inspired by how Christ can work in us? It's a true ministry, and I felt truly happy and mostly selfless in it - that I was just along for the ride - and it was amazing.

    I won't forget them.
    Kara,
    Nick,
    Josh,
    Taylor,
    Suzanna,
    Kayley,
    Kelcie,
    Brittany,
    and especially, because of the work Christ did in him that week and the changes that occured -
    James.

    I love you all. your maturity, love for each other, care, openness - I could go on and on. But I'll stop here - I just wanted it to be recorded somewhere before it began to fade.


    P.S.: This week I also felt very secure in my call to ministry - amazing. Just praying over it and reconnecting - feeling a part of a community and at ease in although it's going to be so hard, I know I'll get through it - and I registered for vocations conference so it's becoming more and more real!

    0 Responses to “There are not words to describe. . .”

    Post a Comment



    © 2006 Brett's Discernment | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
    Learn how to make money online.