• My Candidacy Application Essay
  • Brett's Discernment

    For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart, I will let you find me, says the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and . . . and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.


    back at this . . .

    Happy Easter!
    Holy Week and Easter Sunday were an exhausting, wonderful, prayerful time. I loved celebrating Holy Week and Easter at my field ed congregation, Christ Lutheran in Kulpsville, PA. I also celebrated the Easter Vigil at University Lutheran downtown in Philly (in addition to the one at CLC), which was a great worship experience and a wonderful way to break into Easter.

    More in general . . .
    It is amazing how life can change in a year, or just a few months. Now I am getting ready to wrap up my second year of seminary and start internship, at Christ Lutheran in Lancaster, PA. I am really looking forward to internship, for the challenges and many gifts it will bring. I am so ready to be back in the "real" world again, living on my own and feeling more of my own person than this seminary bubble sometime allows. Christ Lutheran, my internship site, is a small-ish congregation in downtown Lancaster, a huge old church now in a very different neighborhood than it originally grew up in. I have worshiped with them once and look forward to worshiping there again in June as we prepare for the transition and my starting there July 1.

    Also, I am engaged to be married (next summer '11) to Evan! He makes me happier than I've ever been, and I am more sure of this than just about anything I've ever known (excepting only perhaps my sense of call). I never thought I would date anyone who was also in seminary and preparing to be a pastor, but then there's that old saying about God laughing when you make plans . . . God is laughing quite heartily. God has blessed us quite a lot with this, and I am very thankful. If anyone reads this, please pray with us for continued discernment and future life serving the church.


    Other random thoughts . . .

    I miss Virginia, and CTK, my home church, especially on not celebrating Holy Week and Easter at home.

    Perhaps because of the harsh winter, but this is the first time I've been really excited for spring.

    I am dreading moving, but looking forward to living alone again. And actually looking forward to the organizing and cleaning moving will require. I just need to finish this semester first! One thing at a time.

    0 Responses to “back at this . . .”

    Post a Comment



    © 2006 Brett's Discernment | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
    Learn how to make money online.