• My Candidacy Application Essay
  • Brett's Discernment

    For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart, I will let you find me, says the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and . . . and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.


    I know this much is true

    well first, before I list. . . Today at work I learned the secret that I've been hearing whispers of, that Erin, who would otherwise be dept. chair, and has been there quite a while, has gotten a job at Collegiate teaching elem. french and may be taking that. Apparently she is very stressed out at the decision. I must've seemed odd at how I must've lit up at her mention of this, but I was so excited! To think that I'm not the only one considering other options, and that the others were supportive of her making the decision that is best for her. I can't expect that support because I'm not as close to the people there, but nevertheless, it was encouraging.

    In general, I think I need to work on being more accepting of not different faiths but different sects of Christianity.

    I know this much is true

    I love God
    Jesus is my Savior
    I can't believe in every word of the bible but I believe in its whole essence as representative and a starting place for my faith.
    God loves me
    I like Luther's theology and POV
    I am good at many things, by the grace of God
    I want to make a difference
    I want to be loved
    My family cares for me and loves me
    I made a mistake breaking up with matt
    I am very angry at myself for that sometimes
    I don't reach out to people as much as I should

    I kept the Lord in my heart today at work and it made my life light.

    0 Responses to “I know this much is true”

    Post a Comment



    © 2006 Brett's Discernment | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
    Learn how to make money online.