• My Candidacy Application Essay
  • Brett's Discernment

    For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart, I will let you find me, says the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and . . . and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.


    all I want is a king to love me well

    then I think, I'd be happy. . .

    Lyrics by leona naess.

    I have to admit to myself that I need to be happy on my own, but at the same time I don't think I'm called to be single.

    A couple things at bible study struck strong chords with me.
    Pastor Bohannon talked about a friend of his, a mentor, who has had four wives, as they each have tragically died of cancer. He said that this man told him something when he was very young which had always stuck with him but he was never able to do. That was that this man and his wife would pray individually each night but then say the Lord's prayer together, in love, before going to bed. This is the ultimate expression of love and right relationship to me, and I almost started to bawl during the bible study. That night in MA I especially remember. . . ugh. and then I kick myself and it is all circular but I have to rest in the Lord on this one.

    In the last couple months I have felt the POWER of the Spirit and the true meaning of the word embodied and really felt faith, like never before. But it leaves me hungry. The difference is that it leaves me hungry not for superficial things, but to learn more about my faith, and take on those challenges in the name of the Lord.

    All I want is a king to love me, well,
    then I think, I'd be happy. . .

    Which king?
    Gal. 1:10.
    yes Lord.



    you are my strong melody.

    0 Responses to “all I want is a king to love me well”

    Post a Comment



    © 2006 Brett's Discernment | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
    Learn how to make money online.