• My Candidacy Application Essay
  • Brett's Discernment

    For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart, I will let you find me, says the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and . . . and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.


    Yes Lord

    So. . . wanting to find something uplifting, just randomly, I put "sad" into the NRSV bible browser - haha - and what came up was the ELCA's current motto - 2 Cor 5:15-6:4 - So we are ambassadors for Christ, since God is making His appeal through us! Which line always reminds me of the Bish.

    I am so happy about my decision! I feel so at peace with it and excited about being sure in the next years and my call! Not that I was unsure about it, but that I was kind of beating around the bush about how I would get there to seminary.

    After all, that's what my banner says above, "For surely I know the plans that I have for you . . . to give you a future with hope." It is so empowering, our faith.

    I think it is especially timely this song that is on a worship CD I recently bought:
    Trading my Sorrows:

    I'm trading my sorrow
    I'm trading my shame
    I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord

    I'm trading my sickness
    I'm trading my pain
    I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord

    Chorus:
    And we say yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord
    Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord
    Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord Amen

    I'm pressed but not crushed persecuted not abandoned
    Struck down but not destroyed
    I'm blessed beyond the curse for his promise will endure
    And his joy's gonna be my strength

    Though the sorrow may last for the night
    His joy comes with the morning

    *I especially like the "Yes Lord" repeated in the chorus.

    Yes Lord. Amen.

    0 Responses to “Yes Lord”

    Post a Comment



    © 2006 Brett's Discernment | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
    Learn how to make money online.