• My Candidacy Application Essay
  • Brett's Discernment

    For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart, I will let you find me, says the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and . . . and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.


    The light . . .


    At the end of the tunnel - it's glinting strongly now! I'll make it! Just a month left now! Graduation is one month away! Getting excited about time off, really off, for the first time in like four years. Yeah yeah, whine whine, you people with "9-5" "every week of the year jobs." You can shove it . . . The stres and extra time outside work that I put in more than compensates for the two months I'll have off. Getting a little bit excited about Cosby, which is interesting to me. To having my OWN program at the new school, a new building, my OWN room (hopefully, right?).

    Not too many deep thoughts tonight.
    Here's a cute Psalm 23 parody a la the always clever Pastor B about Sno-to-Go in Williamsburg:
    The Lord is my (ice) shaver, I shall not want.
    He makes me decide among many flavors;
    he leads me to eat frozen flavored waters;
    he restores my soul.
    He leads me in paths of tingling taste for his name's sake.

    Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I fear no brain freeze;
    for you are with me;
    your white plastic spoon --
    it comforts me.

    You prepare a frog-in-a-blender before me
    in the presence of my friends waiting in line;
    you stuff my shaved ice with cream;
    my styrofoam cup overflows.

    Surely the goodness of this taste shall follow me
    all the days of my life,
    and I shall dwell in Sno-To-Go heaven forever.


    Pastor Ballentine

    a*m*e*n!

    I never thought Sno-To-Go was the best tasting in the whole world, but a solid good. And the best thing about it was the community and being there with friends, sitting outside eating it on a balmy night, and laughing on the ride back to campus - sometimes with 7 people in my camry. Ahhh college. Ok, yes, I still miss it sometimes, but I am really enjoying growing up and learning a lot about myself being independent.

    Is there a running gene? I have never been a runner or someone really consistent to work out, but I figure, I'm stubborn, I can do this, right? well, I'm on day 2. we'll see. Just have to keep in mind

    1 Corinthians 6.19:

    Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God, and that you are not your own?

    -*-*-*-

    My middle schoolers take their final next week! How did that creep up on me so fast? whoa!


    Maybe posting pictures will work tonight. yes!! The one at top is my Winter Cel '06 (AP) Small group (with the Bish!). Below here is CFLC - nothing like it!

    0 Responses to “The light . . .”

    Post a Comment



    © 2006 Brett's Discernment | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
    Learn how to make money online.