• My Candidacy Application Essay
  • Brett's Discernment

    For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart, I will let you find me, says the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and . . . and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.


    God is Sensual

    I remember that Cathy Daugherty used to always use this word describing poetry and we would giggle. But of course I understood and I can relate that to my experience.

    Faith is sensual. God is sensual. Our relationship is sensual and dynamic. I need him and he loves me so.
    Until the last few months, I never fully tried to understand communion, the depth of it. However, God does amazing things and he has been transforming my heart in being able to see him though more senusal ways. I need to challenge myself to see him more through secular, sensual things that I encounter.

    On the t.v. right now it happens to be something about a female chaplain at a female jail. She is so moved by the spirit. and she did the
    God is Good
    All the time!
    All the time
    God is Good!

    Although it's been a down day today, I've also really felt God's presence. Feeling my emotions fully is a part of the "openness" to myself and to God that I think will bring me on a path to healing my wounds and also becoming closer and clearer in my discernment.

    From Pastor B's blog:


    But it is not simply what occurs during worship. It’s in daily experience, too. Reading the newspaper becomes a contemplative experience: when you see the face of the risen Christ in the face of a person who is suffering. Think of the instance of receiving comfort and solace and the help of another person. The wisdom of another person who speaks words that enter right into your heart. Think of the tears that come to your eyes from time to time, when you are moved by joy and gratitude for another person’s kindness and mercy. Those salty tears mark openness to the presence of the risen Christ.

    In all of that experience is God!

    He is risen! He is risen indeed! Alleuia!

    You [and I] are witnesses of these things!

    In the name of God, who is Father and Son and Holy Spirit. Amen.


    Those salty tears mark openness to the presence of the risen Christ.
    I feel God's presence through the pain I feel when I feel it, and in my exuberance when things go positively. I feel him in my effectiveness when I am productive. The hardest is to feel him when I am caught up in the monotony or stress of the day.


    Humility is an essential part of my relationship with the Lord. It might not be for everyone, but I am a Lenten woman, not an Easter person.

    Gnonai auton - I want to know Him. But he knows me.
    From Jeremiah 29:

    11For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. 12Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. 13When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart, 14I will let you find me, says the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.


    In the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit,
    esto.

    0 Responses to “God is Sensual”

    Post a Comment



    © 2006 Brett's Discernment | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
    Learn how to make money online.