• My Candidacy Application Essay
  • Brett's Discernment

    For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart, I will let you find me, says the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and . . . and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.


    Not really discernment related. . .

    But it is something that resounds with me greatly:


    since feeling is first
    who pays any attention
    to the syntax of things
    will never wholly kiss you;
    wholly to be a fool
    while Spring is in the world

    my blood approves,
    and kisses are a better fate
    than wisdom
    lady i swear by all flowers. Don't cry
    the best gesture of my brain is less than
    your eyelids' flutter which says

    we are for each other: then
    laugh, leaning back in my arms
    for life's not a paragraph

    And death i think is no parenthesis

    -e.e. cummings

    wow it makes my heart flutter and fall and HOPE when I read this. it's amazing. God will provide. :)

    Interview #2 w/BCC was good I suppose but pretty uneventful I think. I still think they'll simply hire someone with more experience, and maybe they should and I should have thought about the intership route first to see if I am ready for this career (and called to it as well). It was kind of awkward at points because I couldn't hear the woman very well - she sounded so soft and 100000000000000 miles away. But it was ok. Erin is definitely leaving . I think. Kav said she's going to tell Dr. Marks about it tomorrow. we'll see!

    0 Responses to “Not really discernment related. . .”

    Post a Comment



    © 2006 Brett's Discernment | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
    Learn how to make money online.