• My Candidacy Application Essay
  • Brett's Discernment

    For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart, I will let you find me, says the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and . . . and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.


    Book List

    There was something, a great idea I had theologically last night but now have forgotten it before I could post it . that is frustrating.
    I am slogging through the first few pages of "Big Girls don't Whine." While her thesis is good, I feel that the book is a case of common sense being stretched into 150-odd pages of rambling. I read the headers and know what she will say.

    Here is an incomplete list of books that I'd like to read/reread:
    The naked soul (again)
    Mere Christianity (finish)
    Revive thy church Beginning with me (finish)
    Here I Stand
    The search for Christian credibility
    Reformation and society in 16th century Europe
    Here and Now (Finish)
    The gift
    The Culture of Fear
    The book about hearing your Call that Beth gave me

    Ugh I have so many books. I think if I'm not going to be teaching anymore then I might sell them on ebay or donate them to someone. Or maybe give some away to students.

    0 Responses to “Book List”

    Post a Comment



    © 2006 Brett's Discernment | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
    Learn how to make money online.