• My Candidacy Application Essay
  • Brett's Discernment

    For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart, I will let you find me, says the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and . . . and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.


    Openness

    I think pastor B really has something with this openness thing. There was a commercial on which used part of the beatitudes. And I was thinking, what connects all these people?
    Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

    4 ‘Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

    5 ‘Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.

    6 ‘Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.

    7 ‘Blessed are the merciful, for they will receive mercy.

    8 ‘Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.

    9 ‘Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

    10 ‘Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

    11 ‘Blessed are you when people revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely* on my account. 12Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.


    In order to be categorized as all these things, one has to be open to their emotions, and vulnerable in a sense, different. That openness, that knowledge that nothing can fill them but God is what allows him to come in. I definitely know I can't do any of this alone. which reminds me of another verse.
    I am the vine, you are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing.

    Amazing how once you start setting your heart on God and thinking about his Word, The Word supports itself and gives you greater support and comfort.

    Lord watch me while I sleep, wake me to work efficiently in your name, with just an ounce of your grace, and with your love in my heart.

    0 Responses to “Openness”

    Post a Comment



    © 2006 Brett's Discernment | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
    Learn how to make money online.