• My Candidacy Application Essay
  • Brett's Discernment

    For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart, I will let you find me, says the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and . . . and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.


    One year post graduation

    A year ago on this date (approx) I graduated from William and Mary. It is amazing to me how much I and other things have changed since then. I felt like in this one year I have grown up more than almost all previous combined. In so many ways I am no longer scared of many things, more self-aware, and most importantly, more attuned to my relationship with my Lord.
    And yet as much as some things change, others stay so stable. . .

    And changes that I never anticipated are on the horizon. Jenfer will really be moving. for real! and I think this will be hard for me. Although I don't see or talk to her as much as I should, I still consider her my best friend and I like that if I really needed her she is only a short drive away. But we all grow up and move . . . Sam who is probably my closest new friend this year, is moving away. My dad is retiring. All of my memories of my dad have been him, unhappy, in this job. I am really happy for him and him being able to move forward into a new chapter, and appreciate his time there for what it was and how much it sustained us all. I wonder what will be the next chapter . . .

    Over the summer (I was going to say year, but I think a short-term goal is better in this case)
    I'd like to . . .

    • Read the Book of Concord
    • Backpack/Canoe with my dad
    • Get back in touch with Chip and the Call committee
    • Prepare and get organized for the next schoolyear
    • get more involved at CTK
    • do more reading for fun
    • see some friends
    • help jenfer move if she does
    we'll see

    0 Responses to “One year post graduation”

    Post a Comment



    © 2006 Brett's Discernment | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
    No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
    Learn how to make money online.